It doesn’t matter if you have clients, work in customer service or spend time on the phone doing insurance marketing, you need to have a good telephone presence. Here are some tips for making sure you put your best voice forward:
- In the morning, make sure that you clear your throat and try out your voice before answering a call to get rid of the frog in your throat.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your throat from getting dry.
- Try not to sound tired or irritable, callers can pick up on your tone right away.
- If you feel uncomfortable talking on the phone, write down what you need to say.
- Have information at your fingertips, callers had to be put on hold.
- Pretend you are talking to the caller in person. Put a smile on your face and your voice tone will change as well.